Tuesday 10 February 2009

The magic of Snow

Its amazing how different everything looks when it's covered in snow. There's a real magical feeling that you just can't beat. I always remember, and I'm sure it's the same for everyone, the days when I was a kid when we had heavy snowfalls. I remember about 10 of us all piled up on the upturned bonnet of a VW Beetle (complete with rusty jagged edges), charging down a hill at the quarry down the road. I'm sure the kids today will look back in twenty years time with similar memories and remember the year when it snowed for a couple of weeks.
One thing I noticed over the last few days that I taught was great, was the kids that were of school and the adults that were off work, they all came out to play for a few days. No X-boxes, no jobs to be done around the house, just lots of family quality time.











No comments:

Post a Comment